Sunday, July 7, 2013

Day 1: Unforeseen Betrayal

Dwa 11th, 4288


All of us stood on edge, watching Malfeiya as her blood pooled over the ground, down into the depths of the earth that Erythnul was thrusted down into. The screams of the evil being cursed her name as he became bound once more to the depths of his prison. Once the needed blood was spilt, the opening in the earth sealed up, silencing Erythnul's wrath. Malfeiya then fell to the earth, dead.
For a brief moment my heart went out to her. How awful her situation was. Malfeiya had saved the mortal plain from Erythnul’s evil reign, saved those  from being marked in the future  and hence prevented from being Exalted. Even the folk there who witnessed the sealing seemed heart broken that their savior was now dead.
Alas, like I said, my heart, for a moment, went out to her. No sooner had she fallen to the earth of the mortal plane, the change began. I watched the light stream forth from her body, her wardrobe change into the white dress of the newly Exalted. My blood ran cold as I watched the horror take place before me. I could hear rejoicing all around me at the miracle that took place, but no rejoicing came from me. Rather the purist form of hatred, the most piercing pain of betrayal coursed through me.
Why should she be Exalted!? She was MARKED!! No marked being was allowed in the kingdom! I looked around for Him. What had Heironious allowed!? Why would He allow her and not my sister!?
I barely caught sight of Him and in His face I could see some concern, as though He knew I remembered what He had told me and now I had caught Him in His lie. Caught Him breaking one of His unbending rules.
“Heironious!” I shouted. I’m sure I drew quite the attention in that moment, but before things could escalate there, I was suddenly in His court. All of the doors shut, the curtains drawn.
“What have you done!” I exclaimed accusingly.
“Araja, let me explain,” Heironious began. His voice was calm and soothing.
“So you can tell me more lies?”
“I’ve never lied to you Araja.”
“Then why was she Exalted!?”
“That’s what I want to explain!” Heironious said more sternly, “She has an important task at hand-”
“Of course she has an important task. She’s been nothing but important. So much that the rules are an exception to her! That doesn’t make right what you’ve allowed! You told me the mark could not come into the kingdom because of the evil in it! That reason alone was why my sister, who was marked for less than a minute, couldn’t be Exalted! My sister who was more good than me!” I shouted. The anger in me I could feel take over and turn into rage.
“Are you ready to listen now?” Heironious asked calmly. With the rage setting in, I wasn’t about to listen to what I was convinced were lies ready to be hurled at me.
“No! Heironious, this is the one thing I can’t forgive you for. The one thing I can’t ignore,” I paused. There was a thought in my mind that said ‘what you’re about to say will be crossing the line and you will regret it once out’ but I knew that it would be effective in getting back at Heironious for Him lying to me, “I might as well been a follower of Erythnul the whole time.”
I eyed Him daringly, forgetting that He was my creator and therefore more powerful than I. Yet the rage within gave me the courage to state my mind for I knew I was right. Heironious’s whole frame went rigged. I knew I had struck Him to the core and I wanted Him to feel my pain! I knew I had gone too far, but I was going to make Him hurt! Make Him pay! Expose Him if I had to!
“You obviously are no better than him and for that I hate you!” My mouth was then silenced. I couldn’t move my tongue or my lips. The very attempt at making a sound was impossible. The courage my rage gave me fled, leaving me scared at what could happen as Heironious grew to His full height.
“Get. Out,” He said firmly. I hesitated confused by the firmness that was without malice. But my hesitation put Heironious over the edge, “I said GET. OUT!” and with those thundering words ringing in my head I felt myself being pulled away. The force picked up speed and before I knew it I could see myself plummeting to the surface of the mortal plane. Tears streamed from my eyes out of anger as I looked to what must be my impending death. Obviously I was right and here He was destroying me before I could inform the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment