Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 211: Unexpected Laughter


Oukhd 1st, 4288: 211 Days in the Mortal Realm


I just realized today that in 17 days Isaac and I will need to be at the mine near Podunk. I mentioned that to the ghost and he suggested we ask Cortanna (and perhaps Gideon) if they could meet us in Dijon (discovered the town’s name today). However I told Isaac that I had lost my feather tokens when I was kidnapped. Isaac wasn’t deterred by the news. Instead he pulled out his token I had left with him and Cortanna. I told him to keep it simple. Isaac’s message went like this:
“Meet us in Rehm. How soon can you get there?” and before letting it go added, “Isaac’s alive!”
The feather token zipped off as soon as Isaac left go. Laughter erupted from me at the thought of Cortanna receiving her message. I wish I could see her reaction to suddenly hear that Isaac was alive.
It felt really good to laugh so hard. It really set the tone for the day too. The city was large but only a few job openings. Isaac and I ended up taking a security position at the warehouses. It’ll be at night, which is the only down side to it, but I have a job now With Isaac working too, twice the income. Together, I’m one step closer to being independent of Raæin.
I mentioned to Raæin a few hours ago how I planned on getting my own place as soon as I could. Of course my dear friend was ever welcoming stating there was no rush and that I was welcomed to stay as long as I wanted.
Carl then piped in, mentioning that he had retirement savings and would be more than happy to get a place. I agreed to that idea, though it just feels like I’m going from one place to another, being dependent on someone else. Then again, my goal is to not need Raæin. Carl’s help would certainly let me reach that goal.

Anyhow, house hunting will commence in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment