Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 180: So Close



Coqoj 11th,4288: 180 Days in the Mortal Realm


Gemmel finally spotted someone who could help me today. It was getting progressively grim looking when the week kept going on and no luck of finding someone from the Conclave. Part of me wondered if Gemmel was just too busy to notice better. He wasn’t shy of customers. In fact, people seemed to search him out immediately, asking for various items to be crafted and wondrous items to be made. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted to ask Gemmel to make me something. Thank goodness I had half the mind to remember all he’s done for me with no expectation, so it would seem, of repayment.
So yes. Gemmel was quite busy, but halfway through day five at the Carnival an Elf came up to him and Gemmel seemed overly delighted to see him. They began to converse, Gemmel ever so often pointing toward me. The Elf nodded, making his own gestures. Gemmel then turned and came to me with the Elf close at hand.
“So, this here is one of the representatives from the Wizard Conclave,” Gemmel introduced, “He’s going to examine you to see if he can figure out what exactly has been done and if there’s a way to reverse what’s happened to you,” he explained.
“Ok.ay,” I simply replied.
Gemmel lifted me onto a countertop that he had set up for customers. The Elf then came over and began to prod me a little. He looked into my eyes, felt down my back and abdomen. He lifted me up, seeming to test how heavy I was. He then stood back after many minutes of scrutinizing over me. For a moment I was concerned he hadn’t a clue what to do to fix me. However as I looked at him, it seemed more like he was marveling how I got into such a predicament.
The Elf and Gemmel chatted for a few more minutes before the Elf nodded and took off. Gemmel came to me and gently patted my head.
“He thinks he knows what he needs. He’s going to go gather the materials and hopefully will make it back before we have to go. 2 days should be enough time. However if it turns out he hasn’t returned by then, you can stay and I have a way of communicating with him to let him know where you are,” Gemmel explained. I nodded my head so he knew I had heard him. I wasn’t looking forward to the possibility of being left there without Gemmel. Here’s hoping in the next few days, the Elf would return and restore me to my true body.

No comments:

Post a Comment