Monday, February 10, 2014

Walking on all Fours


I’m A Lizard Harry.

This morning when I woke up, I noticed the manacles were gone. I looked at my scaly hands, noting how more reptilian they were while confused by the lack of confinement.
I maneuvered myself and was compelled to stay on all fours. I turned my head to look at myself and noticed I was very much a lizard! So how might I be writing this you wonder? Thank heavens for this extraordinary journal. Not only can I store it in its own personal dimension, I can will the pen to write my thoughts.
Anyways, I dug my sharp claws into the skin of the tree and climbed down head first. It was barely manageable with my stiff muscles. It also felt weird mixed with excitement and hopeless. Why was I a lizard!? Surely it couldn't be real... but alas it was.
I snuck into the town I spotted last night. I did my best listening in on conversations. The most I gathered was I've traveled to the Gnomish Kingdom and the town I found is called Golden Spike. I also caught word that they’re upset that the trade with the Man Kingdom had halted, though they don’t blame them considering what’s been going on there.
A shudder ran through me at the mention of the Man Kingdom. That was the continent I first landed on all those months ago... Considering all that we experienced there, it didn’t surprise me to hear that things were still going rough.
I’m currently nestled under a building near the entrance. It is much warmer here. Hopefully this will make waking up in the morning significantly better. Next Entry

No comments:

Post a Comment