Thursday, December 26, 2013

Day 112: The Black Sheep


Buq 15th, 4288: 112 Days in the Mortal Realm

The creatures that I mentioned two entries back have been attacking the force field every night for the past week and a half. I commend them for their persistence, but come on! Find something else! I only noted that because that was what I was thinking about as I was getting ready for bed. It was getting quite annoying the constant banging and screeching. It’s a wonder how any of us were able to sleep...
Anyways, with that thought of annoyance I suddenly heard Cortanna scream. Instinctively I grabbed my gear and rushed out with Raæin.
“Cortanna what’s wrong?” I called out, looking around for her.
“Isaac isn’t Isaac!” I heard her responded from the top of the building with the control panal. I flew up to see what she was talking about. As she and Isaac came into view, I could see on Isaac’s back a shadowy figure. I thought it odd for a moment but brushed it off as my father protecting him.  Before anything else could be done, Isaac then flew into the air, tossing Hubert in the process.
“You’ve failed me sword!” Isaac cursed at Hubert. There was definitely something not right with him. My initial thought of my father protecting him turned more sinister as it appeared my father was controlling him...
Isaac then casted a spell that sent rubbery tentacles all about us. I didn’t have a problem dodging the flailing appendages and with that prepared to attack Isaac. As I looked at him, the face of Erythnul appeared. I stopped in my tracks as terror filled my being.
Suddenly I snapped out of my terror as I saw Isaac before me again. He pointing his finger in my direction and aimed a ray of dark energy toward me. Knowing how powerful he was and the kind of magic he wielded, I used the magic of my Mithril shirt to protect myself. Sure enough my armor reflected the spell and interestingly enough, right back on Isaac. Whatever it was he tried to cast on me didn’t seem to affect him much, but for the moment I was unscathed... And that protective magic I felt from my Mithril vanished. I hoped that Cortanna, Raæin, and I would be able to take Isaac down before he attacked again.
A dragon then flew by me. I quickly recognized it to be Rekka’s dragon disguise. She flew right to Isaac and the next thing I knew there was a black sheep where Isaac once was.
I exhaled a sigh of relief. With Isaac under control, I focused on helping Cortanna out of the tentacle things that Isaac had summoned. I flew over to her and reached down. Unfortunately with all the tentacles thrashing about I was unable to pull her up and out.
“Araja! What the heck?” Cortanna snapped at me. Part of me wonders if I had misheard her, but it was enough to say I was confused by the sharpness of her response. So I left her to get herself out.
As I flew away I saw Gideon wiggling out of the tentacles. It appeared everyone had come to Cortanna’s aid. I looked back at Cortanna and watched her try to escape the tentacles. Despite her efforts, she continued to be battered by the flailing appendages. Rekka flew over to Cortanna and attempted to help her out. Interestingly enough she too was unable to pull the half elf out.
I then noticed the blood that was coming out of Cortanna’s nose and mouth. Quickly I had compassion on her and went to her aid once more. I carefully worked my way to Cortanna and dimension hopped her to the edge of the building; just out of reach of the tentacles and just enough on the building that she wouldn’t fall. I then went and healed her with my healing belt.
We then all gather down on the main floor. Rekka brought Isaac down and placed him in the midst of us. It was rather comical seeing Isaac as a sheep. I also saw the shadow of my father still clinging to his back seeming confused. I didn’t know what to think. Was my father evil? Was it even my father?
“How long will he be a sheep?” I asked Rekka.
“About a week,” Rekka, who had shifted back to her human form, answered. My mouth dropped a little. I suppose if Isaac had gone evil, then a week would give us plenty of time to figure out what to do with him.
The most excitement all week.


No comments:

Post a Comment