Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 81: Triggers and Power


Baer 20th, 4288: 81 Days in the Mortal Realm

Interesting day. When I woke up, I was informed about a Nightshadow coming and visiting. Seeing that everyone was alive meannt the encounter went well. However Isaac felt the need to mention that the Nightshadows were the children of Malfeiya.
“What?” I seethed. I could feel the bile work up in me at the thought.
“Remember how I told you that Malfeiya seduced both Heironious and Erythnul-” Isaac tried to explain
“Shut up!” I snapped. I didn’t want to think about Them. I didn’t want to think about my sister’s involvement with them.
“Araja. I’m just explaining-”
“I know! And tilj ud Isaac! You’re right! You’ve been right!” I shouted. I wrapped my arms about me, angry about what they did to my sister. It made me sick to think she had to bear Their children!
I felt my body tremble as the awkward silence lingered. I knew I said enough that the party would be wanting to know, but explaining what had happened the other night didn’t seem right at that moment.
“Well... we do know how she’s controlling them,” Isaac ventured on, “Apparently she has a dagger...” as soon as he said that I heard nothing else. She had a dagger that controled them?
“Wait,” I said interrupting whatever he was continuing to say. I pulled off the little dagger on my wand bracelet and as it took it’s normal shape I noticed that one side of the blade was dark while the other side was light. And though I looked at it with disgust as my sister’s face flashed before my eyes as I stabbed her, I couldn’t help but feel a little thrill of knowing I had the dagger that she used to control Them.
“This is Malfeiya dagger,” I announced.
“How did you get that?” Rekka asked. I could feel my face contort. I was being stupid showing the dagger to them for all I wanted to do was run and hide. I wanted to disappear. I bit my lower lip to stop the trembles.
Yet, I knew they needed to know.
“I killed her with it,” I simply said. It was as though someone else had spoke. It felt hollow and lifeless. There was a moment of silence as what I had said sunk in.
“Which means you-” Isaac began. I cut him off with a glare. Then with utmost contempt I confessed.
“Yes, Isaac. That means I killed my sister again!”
“How?” Cortanna asked.
“I just said! With this dagger,” I snapped, thrusting the dagger forward for the party to see better.
“Sorry, I meant how did you even find her?”
I shifted uncomfortably.
“I thought asking the Gods would help me get some answers, which it did, though not the answers I was hoping for... lets just say I’m lucky to be alive still,” I said not wanting to go into further details. I placed the dagger back on the bracelet and made my escape.
Eventually I would be able to tell them the details of that night, but now wasn’t the time. Then again if I was to get any peace, letting them know soon exactly what had happened may help them not say things that could bring the night back to the surface...
A little later I saw Rekka off by herself. If there was one thing I wanted right then, it was focus. Knowing Rekka was the Sangrail that Heinul was afraid of, I was going to help her take Them down! So I walked over, knowing I was about to jump into a conversation that she wasn’t anticipating, but hopefully she’d hear me out..
“Did you know the deities are scared of you?” I asked. Rekka’s head jerked to look at me. “Mainly Erythnul and Heironious,” I continued.
“They’re scared of me?” Rekka asked quizzically.
“Yep... Something to do with the Sangrails usurping the Gods... What is it exactly you're suppose to fix?” I asked that because I still wasn’t clear. I knew she had research to do, but did she know what the exact steps she had to take?
Rekka shook her head, “I don't know. Something about 'saving' Gods but how to do it... I don't know.”
I let out a small sigh, “That's something we ought to figure out then... All I know is Erythnul and Heironious do not like the 'Sangrail' and I want to aid you in taking them down,” I said with some determination, though I was very solemn about it.
“Sure...” Rekka said, obviously not sounding too sure about that.
I can’t remember if I already wrote this, but Rekka’s eye now had a metallic look. No longer did she wear the cloth around her eyes. I think I remember her mentioning something about ‘Father’ fixing her eyes. I wondered if the marks were still there, lingering behind her eyes.
“Last question Rekka,” I said, “Are your eyes still marked?”
“Nope. They’ve been removed,” Rekka answered somewhat cheerfully. That was some pleasant news for me. How fortunate she no longer had to carry their brand.
Yet the only person I knew who could remove that mark was Malfeiya....


No comments:

Post a Comment